Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Zucchini Bread with Icing

My friend Sandy Holmes brought me some of this bread one day and I liked it, so I added it to my collection!

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
Mix together and then add 3 cups grated zucchini, 1 cup coconut and 1 tsp vanilla
Mix together and Add:
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Bake at 350 for one hour, makes two medium loaves
Cool and glaze with
1 Tblsp milk
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp melted butter

Yummy!  Gotta love that Zucchini! (PS when anything says one hour, I always start at 50 or 55 min and set my timer and check from there until toothpick comes out clean, oh yes, and one thing I like to buy at the dollar store is those long wooden skewers, those are what I use to test my goodies with!)

To Nourish our Souls Today:

Read 1 Nephi 15:8 (book of mormon)
"And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?"

So many times we forget to just kneel down and ask Heavenly Father for those things we need help with.  Like how to discipline a child, or how to love a child, or how should I spend my time today?  Just ask yourself, have you asked the Lord?
We need to include Him in all our daily decisions and questions and see what He has to say to you, sometimes the answers come the next time, or like today when I was doing my dishes, I got an answer to something, because you see, doing dishes forces me to be still and ponder and then I can hear!
Yay for dishes and house chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment