Sunday, August 12, 2012

Favorite Whole Wheat Pancake or Waffles

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner, I had put baked potatoes in the oven for an hour this morning, then turned the oven off while we went to church and let the potatoes finish cooking in the oven until we get home, our favorite sunday lunch is to eat baked potatoes with pork and beans on top with cheese and sourcream or whatever toppings you have to put on top! So we used the leftover potatoes to make hash browns (I just put some butter in a pan, grate the potatoes and fry until golden brown on both sides, I like to add sauteed onions or even mushrooms if I have them , but the kids dont alway like that so I do it separately and you can add it to your hashbrowns)

My Favorite Pancakes or Waffles
from Set for Life Cook Book

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 Tblsp honey or sugar
1 Tblsp oil
1 cup Skim Milk

Mix dry ingredients.  Add egg, honey, oil, and milk, stirring just unitl flour is moistened.  Batter will be slightly lumpy.  (Recipe says for lighter pancakes or waffle,s separate egg yolk and white, beat whites until stiff, and fold into batter the last minute, I dont do this)
Bake immediately on a hot griddle, turning once, or in a hot waffle iron.
Yield 12 2" pancakes

For apple pancakes you can fold 1 finely chopped medium apple and 1 tsp cinnamon into the batter

For blueberry pancakes, when one side of the pancakes are browned, flip over and sprinkle drained blueberries (on the uncooked side) Turn and cook other side.

I will post my favorite syrups in next post!


For our nourishing of our souls, today was Sunday and I love to go to church to learn, I got to teach a young Primary class on Obedience so I will share that scripture with you
St John 8:29:  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
Love that scripture, for one, none of us are left alone and for two, our Savior is the perfect example for us to follow, and or Savior always did those things that please HeavenlyFather, and so should we , if we could keep that in mind each day, we would have so much more joy and peace.  The song "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam popped into my head, and the part where it sings "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, to shine for him each day, in every way try to please him, at home, at school or play!
LETS BE SUNBEAMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment