Sunday, August 12, 2012

Syrup Toppings for Pancakes and French Toast

Okay, my last post was my favorite pancake batter to make, so here is my favorite syrup topping recipe I got from Shauna when she went to Snow College.  They had pancake Fridays and would get a big group together to make pancakes and syrup and enjoy, here is the recipe she shared with us that has become of course our favorite:

Yummy Syrup from Shauna’s Snow College Pancake Friday
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 TBLSP Karo syrup

Bring to a boil over stove top and boil for five minutes stirring frequently
Then remove from heat and add:
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Serve over pancakes, and the best pancakes are the ones with mini chocolate chips added to the pancake batter while you are cooking them, yum   TO DIE FOR!

and in my Sandridge Ward Cookbook good ol Nancy Glauser has the best recipes, but she got me addicted to this Apple Syrup for Pancakes:
APPLE SYRUP
Combine in saucepan:
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbls cornstarch
Mix together thoroughly.
Add:
2 cups apple juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup peeled and sliced apples
For a bettertaste, add 2 Tblsp of butter at the end of cooking time.
Cook and stir over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thickens.  Remove from heat and let cool a little before serving it on pancakes or waffles.
SO YUMMY

Nancy also posted Blueberry Topping for Pancakes:

Blueberry Syrup
Empty 1 can Wymans sweetened blueberries with juice in saucepan.  Mix two cups of sugar with 2 Tblsp cornstarch.  Add to blueberries and heat on medium until the mixture bubbles and it loses its cloudy color and becomes clear again.  Cool slightly before serving on pancakes.
(I am not sure where all you can buy the Wymans brand, I think we got it at Smiths but I have not checked recently, I will look around at the stores and let you know)

For the nourishing of our souls:
When my children were little and starting to say things not nice or fighting with eachother, I would start singing this song :  "Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too, when your heart is filled with love, others will love you"
If we can sing to our children primary and church songs, they will stick and our children will recall them in times of struggle or need, do you have a favorite song you sing?
St John 15:16
If ye love me, keep my commandments

No comments:

Post a Comment