Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I just made these cookies today and I loved them, sometimes you just want a more healthy cookie that has texture to it, and this one is great, and today I had less butter than it called for and I was making somthing with pumpkin so I used less butter (1/4) and put in 1/2 cup pumpkin  and they turned out delicious! I found the recipe at the sisters cafe here and you can see a picture of them and print the recipe from here as well!

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1  1/4 cups brown sugar
1  1/4 cups sugar
1  1/4 cups butter
3  eggs
1  tsp vanilla
1  1/4 tsp baking soda
1  1/4 tsp baking powder
1  1/4 tsp salt
2  1/2 cups white wheat flour (I added 3/4 - 1 cup more flour)
2  1/2 cups oats
2  1/2 cups  chocolate chips (I like the mini ones)

Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients and then chocolate chips.  Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies

So yummy, I gave some away, ate some and took some to work, and now I want more, I think I will make some more ! and like I said, I added 1/2 cup pumpkin to it and WOW, it was great

For the nourishing of our souls:
Read in D&C 19:38
"Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessings - yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof"

I have learned that you can always Pray. Any time of day.  We can say whatever we want or need in our Prayers.  Prayers are a form of power.  We are taking energy and moving it forward in a good way! You can never pray too much.  If we want His Spirit, we need to Pray ALWAYS.  Always have a prayer in our hearts.  This keeps us connected to our Savior and Father in Heaven. And they are a big part of our day and help us through.  We don't always get answers to everything right away, but we get the spirit and we get guidance and we get direction and we get comfort and peace, what more could you want?  Even though I havent got a yes to the prayer I say every night, I still get love, peace and comfort and guidance.  so I continue to pray.  always.

No comments:

Post a Comment