Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rigatoni

This recipe came to me from my friend Lesa Jensen who many years ago we had a primary party for our primary board and we all made this casserole, it has become our family go to meal when we need a quick yummy meal.  Enjoy!

Rigatoni
1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
1 8 oz Cream Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
1 large bottle Prego Spaghetti sauce
1 pkg Rigatoni Noodles  *(or mini penne noodles)

Cook noodles and drain, set aside.  In large saucepan over stove top add the cooked hamburger, spaghetti sauce, heat through, then add the Cream Cheese and as much Mozzarella Cheese as you would like, about 2 cups is good.  Simmer until the cheese melts.
Pour sauce over the noodles and stir to mix well, Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish and sprinkle more mozzarella Cheese on top, bake for about 15 minutes.
Serve with garlic bread and tossed salad, yummy!

(I use my homemade spaghetti sauce when I have it on hand!, sometimes we are in such a hurry to eat we skip the Bake in oven part and just eat it right from the stovetop!)
Now that I dont eat red meat, I just leave out the hamburger and it is still wonderful!

**I also love using the mini penne noodles for this, yummy!

And now for the nourishing of our souls:
Our Father in Heaven is aware of us, He knows us and He loves us completely.
Read in Psalms 33:13-14
"The Lord looketh down from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.  From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth." and in Hebrews 4:13 it says:
"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight:  but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do"
and in Job 34:21
For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings"

I dont know about you, but that always makes me feel comforted, that I am NEVER alone, He is aware of me and with me always!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment