Monday, August 20, 2012

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

There are a hundred sugar cookie recipes out there, but so far at this point in my life, this is my favorite sugar cookie, I get lots of compliments when I make them, so I will stick to this recipe, it is super yummy and I love them! We always make these in the Fall, at Valentines, and at Easter! Enjoy

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened or room temp( * i now prefer to use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup crisco butter flavored shortening)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 1/2 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt

Cream together butter,(shortening), sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.  Then add dry ingredients and mix well. Chill for a few hours in fridge or overnight.  Roll out dough about 1/2 " thick and cut into desired shapes.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 min or until done.  I like them to be a little on the undone side, so do not overbake!  Frost with my buttercream icing, so yummy!
I had someone make these and they said "this dough is so sticky" and I forgot that it is.  Just sprinkle in a little more flour as you go to make it work.  Sometimes I get impatient and dont want to chill for an hour or overnight, so I have chilled for five min and then had to use a little extra flour to roll them out, but they still turned out good!


For the nourishing of our souls:
Last night I read in the August 2012 Ensign, on Page 73, there is an article entitled "You have not Fasted" and as I read it - it really hit home to me.  So many times we think praying is enough, but we need to truly sacrafice our hearts and by fasting we can be even more closer to our Saviour and Heavenly Father and be humble and submissive and then be more able to hear what we need to be doing in our lives.  Go here and scroll down to You Have Not Fasted and read the story yourself!  When all else fails, FAST and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment