Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Play Dough from the Child Study Lab

A few Years after  Dan and I had our first baby, Dan was still attending Arizona State University, he was able to get Dustin into their preschool program and they had the best program ever, this recipe came from their child study lab and I have used it to raise all my seven children plus my seven grandchildren, NO MOTHER SHOULD BE WITHOUT THIS RECIPE!  You just cant raise a kid without homemade playdough!

Child Study Lab Play Dough
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups water
4 tsp cream of tartar
3 Tblsp oil ( I use vegetable oil)
Food Coloring

In a big saucepan (6 to 8 quart) Mix together all the ingredients (I do it in the order listed) and I use a whisk at first to blend all the ingredients together (a large wire whisk) and then I put the whisk in my sink and get a big wooden spoon to stir it with. (as it cooks it will get so thick and stuck in the whisk)
 Cook the above ingredients (after blended together) over stovetop with  medium high heat until it starts to pull away from the pan and hold together in a ball, I stand and stir with wooden spoon the whole time, as it goes pretty quickly, until it becomes a big clump that has all pulled together in the center of your pan, then pour it onto table or countertop and KNEAD with your hands, but be careful as it will be hot, you may want to let it cool a minute or two before you Knead, and then knead until it is ready, I store mine in tupperware container on a shelf. 
YOU WILL LOVE IT!, nothing is more fun for kids than a fresh batch of playdough.  Be sure to soak your pans for several minutes and then clean out right away as it is harder to clean if you dont do it right away
ENJOY!, your children will love you!

For the nourishing of our souls:
The other day I was with my RS pres and some planes flew over our head, so loud we could not hear, and she said I LOVE THAT SOUND, and I said why? and she said, it represents FREEDOM, and so today I want you to be thankful for our FREEDOM, and here is my most favorite singer singing a heart pounding song I love: listen here 
If I could be anyone in this world, I would choose to be Martina McBride, she is beautiful and has the most beautiful voice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment