Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Brownies

This recipe came to me from my wonderful daughter in law Krista (and my favorite!).  She brought these to a party and it was such a simple yet elegant idea, and they are just super yummy, make them and see!

Krista's Reese's Peanut Butter Brownies
1 box fudge brownie mix
1 bag of miniature Reese's peanut butter cups

Frosting
1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 Tblsp milk

Make the brownies according to the box directions.  Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Unwrap Reese's peanut butter cups and place in rows about 3/4 inch apart into the batter.  Bake according to box directions.  Allow to cool completely and frost with peanut butter frosting.  Save a few of the peanut butter cups and chop them into pieces to sprinkle on top of the frosting.

YuMMY!

For the nourishing of our souls:
Of course my mind went to the Book of Ruth in the Bible as Naomi talks about her daugther in laws, and if you read Chapter 1 in the Book of Ruth, you will see the love the daughter in law had for her mother in law, but the popular scripture is found in verse 16:
Chapter 1:16  And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee:  for whither thou goest, I will go: and where thou lodgest; I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God
verse 17   Where thou diest; Will I die and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me and more also, if ought but death part thee and me

How grateful I am for forever families and wonderful children in laws who have joined and become our family. I have been so blessed!  May we all be better mothers, mother in laws, daughters, daughter in laws, sons, and son in laws! Call yours or mail a letter or send them a surprise package today!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. If this had a "like" button I would "like" it.

    ReplyDelete