Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mexican French Toast

Today is your lucky day, I am going to share with you a recipe I got way back when I was in Jr High and took a Home Ec Class, I kept this recipe through the years and have never found anyone else to have this or know about it, it is my best kept secret, until today, and it is magical, so now you can be cool too when you make this for breakfast, I like to make this on weekends to make the weekend special, Try it, You will like love it!

Mexican French Toast

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
Yolks of 3 eggs, slightly beaten
Milk, about 1 ½ cups
Beaten egg whites
8 slices of bread

Beat egg yolks until foamy, add sugar, salt and stir well.  Blend in flour (all-purpose) while you also add a little of the milk to make batter the consistency of pancakes.  (So you will add a little flour, then some milk, then some flour, then some milk until you reach the 2 cups flour and 1 ½ cups milk) Fold in beaten whites of eggs last.
Dip bread in batter and fry in deep fat at 360 degrees in electric frying pan. Or if you don’t want it deep fried, just fry in some butter or a little bit of oil in regular frying pan.
This is the best French toast ever! YUM

This is like putting pancake batter over your bread for french toast, I use my own homemade bread, or you can use french bread from the store, or that Texas Toast breast.  So Yummy!  My Jenna hates things that are fried, so I try to make some that are not Fried in oil, but the ones fried in a little oil (I just put oil in a big 12 in pan , not too much oil, enough to coat the bottom and a little more) are so tasty with the crunchy edges, oh man, to die for!


For the nourishing of our souls:
That was my magical recipe and my most favorite recipe! Yes, I am a breads person as you can tell, so how about a magical song, my most favorite to sing to, (oh dang, I came back to this recipe only to find this song is not available anymore and I dont even know what the song is, so I am oh so curious what song I thought was magical, ha ha)  so lets go to another fun song, here

No comments:

Post a Comment