Monday, August 20, 2012

Golden Graham Smores From Cereal Box

This is that recipe that you make once and say that was yummy and then you can never find the recipe, so I have saved the cereal box with the recipe on it and here it is for when you want to make the cereal s'mores!

Golden Graham Cereal S'mores

8 cups Golden Grahams (one 13 oz box)
1 1/2 cups Milk Choc Chips
6 cups miniature marshmallows
5 Tblsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup light corn syrup

Melt 5 cups marshmallows (save 1 cup for later)
and Choc Chips, butter and corn syrup in 3 quart saucepan over low heat, strirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam

Pour Golden Grahams cereal into a large bowl.  Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated.  Stir in remaining marshmallows.
Press mixture into pan  Cool at least one hour or until firm.  Cut into 24 bars. Store loosely covered at room temp.


And now for the nourishing of our soul:
I have my scriptures by the computer and turned them open and the page fell to Deuteronomy 6:5-6
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart.

I have chosen to fast today and what better way to end my fast than with that scripture, I do feel loved and cared for and watched over by my Heavenly Father, and it is so easy to love Him with all my heart, sometimes I do not show it by how I spend my time, each week we are given the Sabbath day to honor and worship Him, how much time on that day do I really spend getting to know him? I vow to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment