Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oreo Cupcakes

I found this recipe for Oreo Cupcakes from BeantownBaker.com and made them and LOVED them.  However, I did not try her cake recipe part as I have told you in my very first post, I will only, and I mean ONLY make my sourcream almond recipe whenever I need a cake batter recipe, so. . . . .I will present this recipe my way, but you can look at the above site to get her original recipe.  On second thought, if you dont have a white cake mix on hand and you need to homemake one, hers looked really good, so you may want to keep her cake batter recipe on hand go here for pic as well

1 pkg Oreo Cookies (about 45 cookies)

Make the Sour Cream Almond Cake Wedding Cake recipe from my very first post, then Twist apart 24 oreos.  Place the wafer with filling on it, filling side up, in the bottom of each paper liner.  Cut other wafers in half.  Save 24 halves to place in the frosting, Crush the other wafer halves for garnishing.

Cut the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters with a sharp knife.  Toss with 2 Tblsp flour and set aside.

Once you have the cake batter ready, stir in the quartered cookies.  Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full, Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. (About 12 to 14 min)  Cool cupcakes in pan.

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
1 stick butter at room temp
1 Tblsp vanilla extract
3-4 cups powder sugar
Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy
Add vanilla extract.  Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
Assemble cupcakes:
Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting, sprinkle with crushed oreos and place 1/2 of an oreo on the frosting of each cupcake!  If you dont want to do cream cheese frosting, the plain vanilla buttercream one is wonderful as well.

SIMPLY WONDERFUL and DIVINE

For the nourishing of our souls:
Yesterday my daughter wanted to go to Seagull Book in Layton and I had not been there for awhile, it is wonderfully re decorated and so many things to choose from, I loved their seagull poop, it was awesome, however I grabbed a book called "It's Good to Be Alive" by Jack Rushton for 1.99 and he has such a wonderful attitude and is so grateful to be alive even though he is a quadriplegic, it totally makes you feel like we have nothing to complain about, our trials seems less hard after reading his. Let me quote what he says inside his book cover, I love it
"All my life I wanted to be able to do one thing better than anybody else and was very unsuccessful.  Then I had my accident and I thought, you know, maybe I can be the best quadriplegic on a respirator that ever lived.  and then wouldn't you know it, Christopher Reeve goes out and breaks his neck and I'm in competition with Superman"
Be Happy With Whatever Trial you are Experiencing This Day, and be the Best one going throught that trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment