Monday, August 6, 2012

Country Potato Salad

I was asked one day for a church activity to make a big bowl of potato salad, and thought I knew how to make it but forgot some of my special ingredients so I glanced through some cookbooks and found this one, made it , and loved it! The color of it may throw you off as it becomes light brown, but it is so yummy you wont mind the color after eating it!

Country Potato Salad                 
3 to 3 ½ lbs potatoes (about 10 medium, peeled and diced)
6 hard boiled eggs
1 medium onion, finely diced
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup milk
3 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar (or 1 ½ Tblsp balsamic and 1 ½ Tblsp white wine or apple cider vinegar so that the salad is not so dark!)
1 Tblsp French’s mustard
1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Paprika for garnish
Additional hard-boiled eggs sliced for garnish

Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.  Drain and Cool.  Dice potatoes into large bowl.  Dice hard boiled eggs into the potatoes, add onion.  In a small
Bowl  stir together mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potato salad and toss well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Garnish with paprika and egg slices. Chill until serving time. Serves about 12

Yes, I love me some good potato salad and this one is OVER THE TOP! you will love it!

For the nourishing of our souls:
This is a well well known scripture, but one we need to memorize and rehearse EVERY Day!
John 13:34
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another"
So many times in our lives we come across people who are annoying, frustrating to deal with, and plain make us mad. Like the other day I was in a hurry to mail a letter to my darling christy and a lady parked right next to me, saw I was going into the post office and she literally ran in front of me and ran to the door so that she could be "first", which made me a little later to work and made me grumble in my mind about her.  And then as I was coming out of the post office, I saw another lady open her car door too hard and hit my car door and I wanted to call her a name and say something like "you idiot" but I didn't out loud.  But my mind inside did, heh heh, and all the way to work I had to remind myself to LOVE ONE ANOTHER and forgive and "what would Jesus do?" heh

No comments:

Post a Comment