Monday, August 20, 2012

Caramel Biscuits

This is a fun kid friendly recipe that is quick and easy and fun for little kids to make:

Caramel Biscuits
1 cup brown sugar
9 Tblsp butter
2 tsp water
3 to 4 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

I first get a big jelly roll pan and spray with Pam.  Then I let my kids or adult helpers cut the biscuits into thirds or fourths (the kids love cutting the dough) and line the jelly roll pan with the biscuits, they can lay on the pan however you want, so let the kids put them in the pan! I like them to lay next to eachother with no spaces in between

On the stove bring to boil the brown sugar, butter and water, making sure it is mixed together well and all dissolved! No need to boil very long, just bring to boil and then Remove from heat and
Pour syrup over the biscuits and bake according to the canned biscuits directions. 
Make a glaze with powdered sugar, butter and milk and drizzle over the top. (Refer to my buttercream icing recipe and thin it down with milk a bit)
Best when eaten warm right out of the oven
These are fun to make conference morning and let the children eat during conference!

For the nourishing of our souls:

When I was blessed to have my last child (after an 11 year gap) and I brought her home from the hospital, my dear neighbor Jana came over and said to me "I feel impressed to tell you that She is a gift to you from Heavenly Father"  I have always treasured those words and have been blessed to be her mother during the hardest times of my life (my husband walked out the door when she was 18 months), so for today, of course, with a kid friendly recipe we shall go to my favorite scriptures in 3 Nephi 17, starting at verse 12 where it says "so they brought their little children and set them down up on the ground round about him, and Jesus stood in the midst. . ., then in verse 16  "and after this manner do they bear record: The eye hath never seen, neither hath the ear heard, before, so great and marvelous things as we saw and heard Jesus speak unto the Father: and read on and in verse 22 "And when he had done this he wept again: and he spake unto the multitude and said unto them: Behold your little ones. . . . . and they were encircled about with fire ; and the angels did minister unto them:"
May we treasure the opportunity we have to be mothers, please go and hug your children today tell them you love them, or call them, or pray for them, and especially thank Heavenly Father for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment