Sunday, August 5, 2012

Caramel Chocolate Cookie Bars

My daughter Shauna worked with a young lady who I believe has her own blog, I think it is called Tried and Tasty but I will find out for sure, but she brought these to work for everyone to try and then Shauna made them for me to try and They are TO DIE FOR, I decided they belonged in our Harrah Collection as they were amazing, out of this world , and addicting!

2 cups butter or margarine
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 cups flour
3 cups quick oats
1 bag milk chocolate chips (12 oz)
1 bottle Mrs Richardson's butterscoth/caramel topping

Soften butter, mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips and caramel.  Press 3/4 of the mixture into a 9 x 13 that has been sprayed with Pam (I like to use my pampered chef one).  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350  Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Drizzle on caramel and sprinkle on chocolate chips.  Then sprinkle on remaining cookie mixture (this is sticky but fun)  Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.  Let it cool again before cutting into bars.  Then refrigerate

(Author note:  I have tried other caramel ice cream toppings instead of Mrs Richardson's and it doesn't turn out as magical!)

Okay and enough already, I can hear you out there saying, Look at all that butter, my girls make fun of me cuz of all the butter I use in recipes, but that must be what makes them so yummy!

For the nourishing of our souls:

Read in St John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you

I have had some hard times, and some of those times I feel like I just cant carry the heavy load anymore, but then I remember that all I have to do is pray and ask Heavenly Father and my Savior to comfort me, to help me bear the burdens, and HE DOES COME TO YOU, try it and you will see for yourself.
Also, I have learned to pray for others that He will comfort them in their trials, sometimes that is all we can do for others, is pray  for them to be comforted and strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment