Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls

This recipe is from my friend Shelli Christiansen, I will link her blog here so you can enjoy her other recipes and ideas as well.  She is a wonderful and talented person.

Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls

2 cup hot water
1 cup sugar
4 pkgs active dry yeast (equivalent to 9 tsp or approx 3 Tblsp)
1 29 oz can cut sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1 cup butter
2 eggs
3 tsp salt
9 1/2 to 10 cups flour
1/2 cup melted butter
Directions:
1.  In a small bowl dissolve sugar in hot water.  When water has cooled to a warm temperature, add yeast and allow to foam up a bit.
2.  While yeast mixture is sitting, beat together the potatoes, butter, and egg in a mixer.
3.  Add the yeast mixture when ready, followed by the salt.
4.  Add the flour a few cups at a time to form a stiff dough.
5.  Knead until smooth.  
6.  Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise about an hour until doubled.  Punch down and divide into six sections.
7.  Roll each section into a circle and slice into several wedges
8.  Brush with butter and roll into a crescent shape starting at the
wide end.
9.  Place on greased baking sheet and let rise.
10.  Bake at 375 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, depending on your oven.

go to link above to see picture of rolls!

Nourishing of our souls:
More thoughts from book "An hour to Live, and Hour to Love" by Richard Carlson and Kristine Carlson
"If I could live this live over again, I'd spend less time talking and more time listening, particularly to you and to the children.  Saying good-bye to the girls, I cried when I realized I hadn't listened nearly enough to them over the years, and they have so much to say.  In my attempts to share my own wisdom, I have missed out on hearing theirs."


No comments:

Post a Comment