Monday, July 30, 2012

The absolute Best Peanut Butter Bars

Okay, so I haven't met anyone yet who does not like these peanut butter bars, even my  friend at work who does not like peanut butter likes these bars.  There are lots and lots of recipes for these, but none will compare to these, as this recipe is the best.   I found them on a blog called Heather's Peanut Butter Bars but I dont remember the site to give her credit, I have been in heaven since I found it!

1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup margarine (or Butter)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal

Cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Mix together and press into a greased large jelly roll pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.  Cool completely and frost with a layer of peanut butter, then chocolate frosting. (If you do not have a lot of peanut butter, then you can skip adding the layer of peanut butter on top, I have done that and still get lots of compliments on the bars)

NOTES: 
when you are spreading the dough into the pan, it seems like the dough will not be enough, but it is, just use your hands and gently press the dough around to fill the whole pan!

If you do want to put a layer of peanut butter on the bars before frosting with chocolate, I just scoop out a big spoonful of peanut butter (two big scoops) and place in a microwave cereal bowl and soften the peanut butter in the microwave about 30 to 45 seconds Then I spread it on top of the cooked layer.

Also, the chocolate frosting and peanut butter will mix together a little when frosting, if you prefer they don't, then refrigerate the bars with peanut butter on them and then frost with chocolate frosting.


I just make a choc frosting with my basic buttercream icing, where I dont measure exactly, but I pour into a bowl about 4 cups powder sugar and about 5 Tblsp softened butter and about 1/4 cup milk and about 1/4 cup or more unsweetened cocoa powder, mix with mixer and add more milk or powder sugar if necessary.  Can I just say DIVINE!

and now for the nourishing of the soul:

In Matthew 28:20 it says:
 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you alway (s), even unto the end of the world Amen"

Nothing can be more divine than to know that our Savior is with us always.  ALWAYS.  let that sink in!  We are never alone.  NEVER.  We always have a friend with us, ALWAYS, knowing that brings great joy to my heart!

Enjoy this day and live it to its fullest! (with dishes in the sink and laundry in the basket, woo hoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment