Monday, July 30, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake

So I think everyone has a Texas Sheet Cake recipe, however, they all seem to vary in some small way or other.  When my daughter got married, we decided to make several back up cakes, sheet cakes, to serve and these turned out wonderful.  So I am sticking with this recipe, and the thing I like about this recipe is it will serve large crowds, and it is very easy to make. 

1 cup butter
4 Tblsp cocoa
1 cup water
Combine above ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil over stove top, then pour over:

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
 (have these three items mixed together in a large bowl)

Add to the large bowl which contains all the above ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk ( or you can use 1 cup sour cream) but using buttermilk makes the cake taste much better

Mix all together real well and pour into a greased and floured (I just use Pam) 11 x 17 Sheet Cake Pan, I use a Jelly Roll Pan, and Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

Frost the cake while it is still warm with the following Frosting recipe:
1 cube butter
4 Tblsp Cocoa
6 Tblsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Bring to boil over stove top the above ingredients and then pour over 1 lb powdered sugar (about 4 cups), mix with mixer and you can add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
Spread over hot cake

DIVINE!

And now for the nourishing of your soul:

Read in Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

When we are struggling and having a bad day, and feel like we have been given more than we can handle at that moment, Pray for strength.  It has worked for me, I have been able to do things I never thought I could, not because I am wonderful and great, but because my Savior loves me, hears my prayers and gives me the strength to do hard things.  We can do hard things with the Strength of our Savior, who is ALWAYS there with us, and will never leave us, and will never make us carry more than we can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment