Monday, July 30, 2012

Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I love these muffins, I came across this recipe while blog hopping but cant remember which blog I found it on, and I have to say it is a wonderful recipe, probably because it has lots of butter in it, but I make these year around, they are moist and wonderful and delicious, this recipe makes a lot, you can always half it if you'd like!

2 cups butter                                     3 cups sugar
6 eggs                                                   1 TBLSP vanilla
Mix the above together
Add:
 1 large can pumpkin
1 tsp allspice                                       1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves                                         ¼ tsp ginger
1 TB cinnamon                                   1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour                                 1 TBLSP baking powder
1 TBLSP baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips
Mix all together and Bake 15-20 min at 350 degrees

I use cupcake pan and cupcake liners, and I like to use mini chocolate chips.  These are DIVINE! Your house smells so good when cooking these as well!

Nourishment of the Soul:

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you

Yes, giving thanks brings so much joy.  There are many times I want to feel sorry for myself, I look around at others and see what they have and I what I dont have, immediately I feel drained of energy and sad and depressed.  But when I take out a paper and pen and write down those things I have been blessed with, I immediately feel happy inside, and those things I do have always outweigh those things I do not have.  I find myself actually thanking Heavenly Father for my Trials, and for helping me to grow.
The other nigh when I was saying my prayers, I was trying to ask Heavenly Father to hurry along my trials when I felt impressed to know that I am in the middle of great learning and gaining knowledge power and strength while being held 'in the palm of His hand' and why would I want to hurry that????? 
LIfe is always full of learning!

2 comments:

  1. Sandee, I'm so happy you have a recipe blog now! And I love your nourishing of the soul. Thank you for sharing both! Congrats! I can't wait to try your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelli for being my first comment! ha, I hope to get more recipes up soon, I LOVE your blog, as soon as I learn how to put up blogs I follow, I will add yours!

    ReplyDelete