Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Special K Treats or OVER THE TOP RICE KRISPIE TREATS

Okay, this next recipe is one of those simple things that we all know and make, however, with just a small little added ingredient or two, it makes it OVER THE TOP, to where I cannot make regular rice krispie treats anymore, after trying this recipe you will see why. Thanks to Annalisa Glenn for sharing this recipe, I feel like a true Queen  when eating these treats! (and probably a chubby queen at that with the extra butter and sugar added, ha) 

Special K Treats

1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cubes butter (12 Tblsp)
1 bag Marshmallows (make sure they are fresh) (larger bag, 16 oz)
7 cups Special K cereal (original)

Pour 7 cups Cereal into large bowl and set aside.  Over a stove top melt the butter in a large saucepan.  Add the brown sugar and stir.  Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.  Pour over the 7 cups Special K cereal.  Pour into greased 9 x 13, let set.  SO YUMMY!

(Note:  you can probably use less butter, like I used 10 Tblsp and it was still great)
You can melt the butter and marshmallows and brown sugar in the microwave as well.

For Rice Krispie Treats, use the above recipe except substitute Rice Krispies for the Special K!

Also:  one of my favorite treats was those giant Rice Krispy Bars you could buy at Maverick with the little M&M's in it, and now I have learned to make my own.  Make the Rice Krispy Treats as above, but double the recipe and when you  have stirred the marshmallows and rice krispies together, add 1/2 to a whole package of the mini M&M's ( I buy them at Smiths by the regulr M&M's) and then pour into your 9 x 13, that way they will be extra thick and have the m&m's in them, you will find that the M&M's will start to melt so you have to be careful to not add them immediately to the hot marshmallow mixture.

For the nourishing of your soul:

Psalms 46:10
 “Be Still, and Know that I am God”
One day awhile back I was having a particularly hard day, one of those days that while you are driving home in your car and you think no one can see you so you have a good cry, when all of a sudden I heard the words "Peace Be Still"  Those words carried me all the way home.  The next Sunday at church they sang the hymn Peace Be Still and I felt the love of my Savior.  Many times when I am praying I hear the words "Be still and Know that I am God" I know our Father in Heaven loves us very much, each one of us, I know it cuz I FEEL it and I hear it with my spiritual ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment