Monday, July 30, 2012

Christy's Carrot Cake

Since I am on the subject of cakes, I have to include Christy's favorite cake, carrot cake, which recipe came to me from Jill Flink from our Sandridge Ward Cookbook.  I am sure there are many recipes out there that are outstanding, and I once dared to tried one or two but I never get as many compliments as when I make this cake, so I stick to this one!

CARROT CAKE
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped nuts , optional
Mix dry ingredients together, then add rest of ingredients.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.

Frosting:
1 small pkg cream cheese
1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
mix together and add milk if needed

and for those of you who are beginning cooks, it is best to buy those long carrots to shred, those baby carrots are a bear to shred!

and now for the nourishing of our souls:

Read Numbers Chapter 6:24-26
"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace"

my thoughts: during the summer many people are trying to get a tan or sunshine on their faces, I say the best way to glow is to get a "SONSHINE" glow on your face by looking to the SON, and with his countenance upon us, we will GLOW! Those that have inner peace are the most beautiful ever!

Enjoy your carrot cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment