Sunday, January 10, 2016

W of W Pancakes

I just found this recipe on facebook and decided to try it this morning, they are considered to be Word of Wisdom as they do not contain oil, eggs, or cow milk.  I have been following a group called word of wisdom support group, and I am not sure who actually posted this.
They did have a different texture and were a little more banana-y than I thought they would be.  I had a hard time getting them to not stick, so I did use some oil in my pan (as my non stick pan is old and not working as a non stick pan anymore) but preferably you should not use oil, maybe just use Pam in between in each time you pour batter on, as they do tend to stick to pan! 
Lacey liked them and they were hearty and filling, so I shall post them!

Word of Wisdom Pancakes

Put the following ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (I have a Blendtec so I used that)

2 cups oats
1 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
2 large bananas
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP honey (I used a little more)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Blend a few minutes til mixed smooth.  Pour straight from blender onto griddle or pan.
Do use Pam or something as they stick.

I had some blueberries in my fridge so I added them to mine, I liked them that way but Lacey didn't.  
We served them with hash browns, yummy and filling!

And now for my scripture for the day.  I found a cool book at Deseret Industries and it is called Prayers that bring miracles by Stephen M Bird.  
It is an awesome book to read, I highly recommend it, here is a scripture from it:

"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith" (Ether 12:12)

Doubt isn't faith.  Faith is something more than words, and it is a vital forerunner to miracles.  We must believe that Heavenly Father can do ALL things and that he Loves us and wants what is best for us.  If we trust Him and believe in Him, and have faith in Him, then miracles do happen!





No comments:

Post a Comment