Monday, May 12, 2014

Taco Bell Dorito Tacos Nacho Style

So. . . .me and Lacey love the Taco Bell Dorito Taco, but of course they are not the best thing to eat, but we decided to make our own version, and we eat this like every other week!

1 lb ground turkey
About 3 Tblsp worcestershire sauce
About 3 Tblsp light sodium soy sauce
1/2 to full package of Taco Bell Taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
1 package Dorito Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Chips
Toppings such as sour cream, cheese, salsa, guacamole, olives.


I brown the turkey and then add the worcestershire, soy sauce, taco seasoning and water.  Once that is cooked down and through I turn the stove off.
Then on a plate place your dorito chips, covering your whole plate.
Then I sprinkle on some grated cheese and put it in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, you DO NOT want to overcook in the microwave as the cheese will become hard and not fun to eat, you actually want to catch it right before the cheese is all melted.
Then I top that plate with the taco meat and then add sour cream, olives, guacamole, salsa or chopped tomatoes, and whatever other toppings you like.

I have discovered I like the Cool Ranch flavor in this recipe more than the Nacho cheese one.

I have also turned this into a taco salad by placing spinach or romaine lettuce in bowl first, then I crush the chips on top of the salad, then sprinkle some cheese (I do not microwave) and add the meat and all the toppings, and it is just as yummy!

I have never tried to guesstimate the calories, I am sure if I knew I might not eat this very often, however, it is a dang yummy treat and a quick sunday meal when we come home from church! YUM

Thought for today:
Remember to Remember - Michael Bernard Beckwith

Of course the most important thing we can remember is our Savior and His love for us and His atoning sacrifice!  When He is first, everything else will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment