Sunday, February 24, 2013

Watergate Salad

I went home to visit my mom and dad and family last week, and my mother made this a couple of times, it is a tradition at the Walters house, so I thought I should include it here for my daughters to carry on the tradition!

Watergate Salad

1 (4 oz) pkg instant pistachio pudding mix
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
1 cup miniature marshmallows
2 cups Cool Whip
1/2 cup chopped nuts if desired (we do not usually add this)

Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows, and nuts in a large bowl until well blended.

Gently stir in Cool Whip

Refrigerate one hour until ready to serve!

We always double the recipe, and of course it comes out green so it  is great for Christmas and ST Patrick's Day as well!

Enjoy!

For the nourishing of the soul:
While in Arizona my sister drove me out to see the new temple being built, it was so pretty it brought tears to my eyes!  I love seeing so many temples being erected!  So here is one of my favorite scriptures:
D&C 87: 8  "Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold , it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment