Saturday, February 2, 2013

Breakfast Egg and Hashbrown Casserole

I went to a missionary farewell and this was served and it was delicious, of course I had to ask for the recipe, I got it from Maren Skidmore, but she informed me she used a bag of hashbrowns in place of the hashbrown patties, 

EGG CASSEROLE

8 to 10 hashbrown patties (or use one reg bag of frozen hashbrowns that has been thawed the night before)
1/2  cube melted butter

Spray a 9 x 13 with Pam
Line a 9 x 13 pan with the patties (I can only fit 7, but usually cut up the 8th to fill in holes, and I put them in frozen still)
(*Or Line 9 x 13 with one reg size bag of thawed out hashbrowns)
 Pour the melted butter over the patties or hasbrowns  
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min

While it's baking prepare:
1 cup swiss cheese shredded (or mozzarella)
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1 cup diced ham
12 eggs whipped with 2 cups cream or half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Layer in order over the hashbrowns and bake at 350 degrees for 40 min or until hot and bubbly

I prefer the hashbrown version, I tried the hashbrown patties and it was not as fluffy.  Also, to make it heartier as a meal, brown sausage or cook sausage links and cut into chunks and layer in between the cheese layer, or can do cooked bacon torn into bite size pieces.  For me I dont like meat so I like to saute onions , mushrooms, and green and or red bell peppers and layer that between the cheeses.  I made this recipe this morning and it was DIVINE!

Enjoy!

For the nourishing of our souls:
on Pinterest I found a website called www.creativeldsquotes.blogspot.com and here is one of them:
"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high."  Richard G Scott

We need to have our scriptures in our hands each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment