Saturday, February 2, 2013

Red and White Mostaccioli

This recipe is one of my favorite, it is like our family's favorite rigatoni one, but this one is a little different in that you mix together spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce to make it special!

I got this from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner book as well, and I modify it a bit.

Red and White Pasta

1 pound uncooked mostaccioli (or any tubular pasta)
1 jar Alfredo sauce (or homemade sauce)
1 jar spaghetti sauce or 3 cups homemade sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Cook the pasta according to directions, drain
3.  Prepare Alfredo sauce or use canned
4. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Layer half the pasta, half the Alfredo sauce, Half the spaghetti sauce and 1 1/2 cups cheese.  Repeat the layering with the remaining pasta, Alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce and cheese.

5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 30 min or until it is hot and bubbly.
Serve with tossed green salad and french bread

(You may use meat sauce to make it a heartier meaty meal)

I sandee like to make homemade alfredo sauce and stir my homemade spaghetti sauce into the alfredo sauce and heating it over a stove top and just pour the mixed sauce over the cooked noodles, pour into 9 x 13 and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese!
However you make it, IT IS YUMMY

For the nourishing of our souls:
The most important thing you can do each day is to PRAY, do not leave for your morning without thanking Heavenly Father for your night sleep and to ask for help and safety throughout your day, and do not go to bed until you Pray, thanking Heavenly Father for the things learned that day and asking Him to help you sleep safe at night.  I would not want to face any day on this earth without Praying and including my Heavenly Father in all I do and without thanking Him for all He has given me.  And that is the secret to peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment