Friday, January 18, 2013

The best fluffy breadsticks ever!

Okay, I was looking for a good breadstick recipe and the ones I make are always flat so I got on YouTube to see a demonstration on how to make them more fluffy and I saw this recipe and made them and loved them, so here it is for you: you can find it here

This recipe makes 12 bread sticks but you can double the recipe easily

1 cup very warm water
1 pkg yeast (1 scant TBLSP)
3 TBLSP sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBLSP vegetable oil
3 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water, then add all ingredients except flour and dissolve in water.

Only add about 2 to 2 1/2 cups flour, you will add the rest during kneading.
Knead for 6 to 8 min, add flour as needed to make dough
Dough will be a little sticky
Put in a bowl covered with a towel and let rise for one hour in warm place

(I made this in my Bosch or Kitchen Aid, so I just put all the flour in and let the machine do the kneading,then I pull it out of the bosch and put into a large tupperware bowl that had some oil in the bottom, and I rub the dough in the oil so it is covered on all sides and put the  tupperwarelid on and let dough rise in bowl)

After dough has risen, punch down and pull off a little ball size (the video said to pat dough down to 3/4 or 1 in and score into 10 or 12 breadsticks, then take each piece and roll into log shape) and place onto buttered cookie sheet.  However I found it easier to just pinch off a ball of dough and roll into the log shape.
Place all logs onto buttered cookie sheet
Place towel over the top and let rise for 45 min (can turn oven to 150 degrees and let them rise in warm oven)
Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake 10 to 13 min (every oven is different , so check breadsticks often)
When they are done, brush with real butter, sprinkle on garlic salt or garlic powder whichever you prefer, then can sprinkle with shredded cheese, and put back in oven for 1 or 2 min
Serve and Enjoy

These breadsticks were VERY YUMMY! I loved them
you can watch the video how to make them here:

And now for the nourishing of our souls:
D&C 6:33-34
"Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34-Therefore, fear not, little flock: do good; let earth and hell combine gainst you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

Awesome scriptures, I have truly experienced it first hand, if you truly are built upon the rock of the gospel, earth and hell cannot hurt you, and you will truly have peace, the peace that comes from knowing you do good, and you have the Lord on your side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment