Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fettuccine Alfredo

I got this recipe from "The Food Nanny rescues Dinner" book, I love her and her book.  

Alfredo Sauce:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
salt and ground black pepper

1 pound uncooked fettuccine

1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.  Mix in the cream cheese.  Stir in the cream and garlic powder. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.  Decrease the heat and simmer, stirring often, while you cook the pasta.  If the sauce needs additional thickening (for example if you serve it as a dipping sauce for bread sticks) you may sprinkle in flour, 1 tsp at a time.  Cook and stir for desired consistency.

2. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain.

3.  Stir the Parmesan cheese into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.

4.  Toss the sauce and the pasta in a large bowl and serve immediately.  Serve with tossed green salad and hot french bread or bread sticks.

Can add chunks of cooked chicken (stir fry bites of chicken in 1 tblsp olive oil until cooked and add to sauce)

Yummy!

For the nourishing of our souls:
One of my favorite things to do at the end of each day is to sing the song Have I done any good in the world today, have I helped anyone in need.  I review my day and try to see if I thought of someone else and did something for them (something as simple as rubbing their back or feet, smiling and being cheerful, helping with something important to them) and I remembered I saw this song on You Tube, I love it  listen to it here

No comments:

Post a Comment