Friday, January 18, 2013

ButterCream Frosting

This post is for my friend Shirlene (she was the best neighbor anyone could hope to have!) , she texted me and asked where is my recipe for just plain ol butter cream frosting, no cream cheese or other doo dads, so here it is!

Buttercream Frosting
this is from the C&H powder sugar box I believe

4 cups powder sugar
5 1/3 TBLSP butter (I melt mine in the microwave or use butter that is softened to room temp)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla  (mexican vanilla if you have it!)

Just mix together with mixer, add more powder sugar if it is too runny or add more milk if it is too dry!

Enjoy!

For the nourishing of our souls:
Here is one of my favorite scriptures, mark it if you dont have it marked, it is found in D&C 6:36
"Look unto me in every thought: doubt not, fear not"

Truly, there is no need to doubt or fear in life when you have our Savior in every thought.  While life is hard, He gives you strength and courage.  When I am in doubt, He gives me hope.  When I fear things, I pray to Him and Trust in Him and remember that with God, nothing is impossible!  He gives me that calm feeling that everything is going to be okay, what more could you ask for than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment