Sunday, May 16, 2021

TURKEY CURRY

 TURKEY CURRY


This recipe comes to me from my friend Tammy Lloyd, it is a family favorite of theirs  I just tried it tonight and it is amazing.  I accidentally burnt my first try because it says LOW heat and I had too high heat and burned the butter and onions.  So.... use low heat and have all the stuff you are going to add the butter and flour mixture ready to go!


6 Tblsp margarine (or butter)

2 cup milk

1/2 cup minced onion (or 3 Tblsp dried)

2 tsp curry powder

1 1/2 tsp sugar

6 Tblsp flour

1/2 tsp ginger

1 1/2 tsp salt

2 cups chicken broth

lemon juice

2 cups uncooked rice

4 cups Turkey or chicken, cooked


Melt margarine over low heat, saute onion and curry powder. Blend in flour and seasonings.

Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly  Remove from heat, stir in broth and milk.  Bring slowly to a boil stirring constantly - boil one minute  .add turkey and lemon juice  Spoon curry over cooked rice

can use condiments as desired:

raisins, almonds, bacon bits, coconut, apples, peanuts, hard boiled egg, chutney


This is really really good.  I cooked rice in the instant pot while I started the curry sauce and topped it with olives, tomatoes, and chopped nuts and it is sooo good!  Enjoy

by Ingrid Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment