Sunday, April 11, 2021

Vegan stuffed bell pepper

 Vegan Stuffed Bell Pepper


A lady on facebook (cindy cheney) posted this recipe and right now on my computer I dont have microsoft word to save it on that to try, so I will directly post it here for me to try, it looks so yummy


Okay, not much of a recipe but I'll try. Just guessing because I didn't measure anything. I cooked up one whole onion, chopped, half of a large bell pepper, diced, and some minced garlic. Added 1 can diced tomatoes, about 1/3 cup raw orzo, some Italian seasoning, a dash of chili powder, a teaspoon of dark brown sugar (you could leave that out or use maple syrup), some paprika, worcestershire sauce, a little seasoned salt and about 3/4 cup? leftover spaghetti sauce. Simmered until the orzo was tender (10-15 minutes?). Added cooked short grain brown rice and quinoa that were cooked in vegetable broth. (sorry, but I have no idea how much - maybe 2 12/ - 3 cups total). Add those grains until the sauce is mostly soaked up, but still a little saucy and not dry. Add more seasonings to taste. For half the filling I water-sauteed about 6 -8 oz. mushrooms and then added a big handful of chopped kale and some chopped parsley to the pan and steamed those until tender, then stirred those into the rice mixture. Hope this helps. When I bake the stuffed peppers later, I will probably top with just a little more spaghetti sauce so the rice doesn't dry out.




No comments:

Post a Comment