Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Black Bean Luau Salad from Becky E


I found this on facebook from my friend Becky Edwards who likes to prepare healthy food




Black Bean Luau Salad

2 cups cooked brown rice (my fave is Lundberg's short grain brown rice from Costco) 
1 can chicken, drained (around 12 oz, I get that from Costco too. Or omit or use your own chopped chicken) 
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bell pepper (I used orange and yellow), chopped 
1/2 cup chopped red or green onion 
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup honey mustard dressing (recipe below) 

Mix it all together. Yummo!

Honey Mustard Dressing 

1 1/2 cups healthy mayo (my fave is avocado mayo from Costco) 
1/3 cup honey (preferably raw) 
1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar 
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard 
2 teaspoons onion powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt

Blend dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment