Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake

I recently helped with a baby shower for my daughter Jenna in which we made muffins but I also ended up making coconut bread and lemon bread.  It was then that I got to thinking it would be nice to have several other breads to choose from as the muffins dont seem to go over as well as sweet breads do. .. so instead of my lemon blueberry muffins, I found this lemon blueberry poundcake from chef in training, she has the best recipes, you can find a picture of this bread here

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake (Bread)
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
zest of one lemon
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 cups fresh blueberries
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Lemon Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp lemon zest
1 Tblsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time and beat an addition of one min per egg
In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/lemon zest/egg mixture
Fold in blueberries
Grease and flour either 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans
Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees for 55 - 60 min
Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them
For LEMON GLAZE:
Whisk  glaze ingredients together until smooth


Yay for delicious bread, it is easier than having to scoop batter into individual cups.  Love chef in training web site!

And for nourishment of the soul  here is a saying I found on faceboook:

"Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.  The best is yet to come"

also "The moment I stop comparing myself to others is the moment I find my true strength"

No comments:

Post a Comment