Sunday, November 2, 2014

Baked Potato Soup

Okay my friends, I made this soup for James' one year birthday party and was told it was good, please share the recipe!  Yay, I like it when something is good!  I got this from our ward homemaking night.  Of course I tweeked it, I will add at the bottom what I did different, but it was very easy to make - so enjoy!

Baked Potato Soup

12 medium potatoes cubed
5 cups of water
4 Knorr chicken bouillon cubes
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
Pepper, onion powder, garlic powder  to taste

Add cubed potatoes and water in crock pot.  Crumble bouillon cubes over potatoes.  Sprinkle seasonings to taste.  Cook on high for four hours or low for six hours.  When potatoes are tender, spoon half of the broth and potatoes into a blender with the cream cheese.  Blend together, add back into the crockpot.  Stir together.

Sandee's variation:
I added one diced onion to the potatoes.
I made this in the morning before I went to work, so I had to cook it longer than recipe said, so I added more liquid, I added one can of Swanson Chicken Broth.  After I had added back in the blended portion of soup and cream cheese,  I did stir in  1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream.  Also, I grated some cheddar cheese I had in the fridge, so I guess add 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese. and WA LA, yummy potato soup!
Also - I wanted to put in carrots, I love carrots with my potatoes, so next time I am going to cut up about 3 carrots and add that in, I will let you know if that turns out!


Nourishment for the soul:
Here are a few sayings I have pinned from pinterest:

When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate
When life is bitter, say thank you and grow!

A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected!  
(I love this quote, it is so so so true!  As moms and wives, we need to make sure our children and spouse feel appreciated, they will gladly do more for us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment