Sunday, November 2, 2014

Caramel Corn

 This is a quick and easy recipe for caramel corn.  It uses a can of sweetened condensed milk.  My neighbor Jana would make this and share with us, we loved it!

Caramel Corn
1 cup white Karo syrup (Jana would use dark Karo)
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 cube margarine

Bring to boil the brown sugar and Karo syrup.  Add milk and bring to boil.  Add margarine and bring to boil.  Pour over popcorn.  It makes a lot!  I popped 3 microwave popcorn bags and used two of my big Tupperware ThatsaBowl bowls(nothing sticks to them) and stirred it around, Make sure to pick out ALL the popcorn kernels before adding the caramel.  but I probably could have popped 4 bags as I had more caramel than popcorn.
Enjoy!
Great STuff!

Nourishment for the soul:
more quotes from my pinterest board:

The quieter you become, the more you can hear

If you continuously compete with others, you become bitter
But if you continuously compete with yourself, you become better!

Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment