Monday, August 18, 2014

Blondies

Here is another recipe from the Fat Witch Bakery who makes the best brownies.  She(patricia helding)  says her Blondies are very popular and I always think of the blondies we order at Applebees.  These are really good:

BLONDIES

8 Tblsp unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temp
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar 
1 Tblsp molasses 
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan with butter and dust with flour.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Cream the butter and eggs together .  Beat in the sugar, molasses, and vanilla until well blended.
Measure the flour, salt, and baking soda, and then sift together into the butter mixture.  Mix the batter until gently combined and no trace of dry ingred
Stir in choc chips by hand, and pecans if desired.

Spread the batter evenly in prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Remove from oven and cool for one hour.

Thought for today:
I am the source of all my emotions.  Nothing and no one can change how I feel except me.  If I find myself in reaction to anything, I can change it in a moment.
If you ever feel angry or upset with someone, remember its your rules that are upsetting you, not their behavior! -Anthony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment