Friday, December 27, 2013

Hash Brown and Sausage Breakfast Casserole

We just had our fun family Christmas breakfast and I offered to make two breakfast casseroles as I love them!  I love this food blog called Tried and Tasty (www.triedandtasty.com) she is a friend of Shauna's and she has been on TV, but so far the recipes I have tried from her site have been good!    Here is her breakfast casserole, these can go quick if you bake the potatoes the day before and put in the fridge, and cook up the sausage the day before as well. Here is a picture of her casserole:

Breakfast Casserole
4 c. hash browns
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean sausage
1/2 onion, finely chopped
6 eggs, scrambled
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium size pan brown sausage together with onion until fully cooked. In a separate saucepan melt butter; add salt and pepper. Pour hash browns in a 9×13 baking dish and cover with melted butter; mix together with 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese. Top with sausage and onions. Scramble together eggs and milk. Pour scrambled egg mixture and over casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and top with remaining cup of cheese, bake for additional 15 minutes.
*Note, I Sandee probably did more like five or six cups hash browns, and  8 eggs scrambled.  
to make it vegetarian, leave out the sausage and saute up some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and put over the hash browns.  YUMMY!
I really liked this casserole.  Also, I sprinkle my potatoes, after I have them grated in the pan, with garlic powder! yum!

And for the thought today:
I found this on pinterest:

Once you learn how to be happy, you won't tolerate being around people who make you feel anything less. -

No comments:

Post a Comment