Monday, December 9, 2013

Banana Bran Muffins

  My daughter Christy who keeps asking me to post recipes said that this is one of her favorite recipes, so I will share this with you, I always have lots of brown bananas on my counter, so I plan to make some this weekend!  Thanks Christy for sharing  She says her friend makes lots of these and freezes them, sounds good to me!

Banana Bran Muffins
1 1/2 c. bran flakes cereal
1 c. mashed ripe bananas
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 c. all purpose flour (or half white half wheat.  do not do all wheat! DRY)
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg (optional)
walnuts (optional)
I also add just a tsp or so of vanilla

heat oven to 400
grease or line 12 muffin cups
combine cereal, banana, milk, egg and oil in bowl;mix well.Let stand 5 min.
Combine dry ingredients in seperate bowl. 
Add cereal mixture to dry mixture. combine until moistened.  Bake 20-25 min.  


per muffin
123 calories, 20 g carb, 2.5 g protein, 4 g fat, 

Thought for the day:
The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world   are the ones that do!

No comments:

Post a Comment