Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Best RAW Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to Eat

My daughter Jenna asked me to make some cookie dough for her and a friend to eat, a batch with no eggs so they would not get sick, and I found this one and really liked it.

from: www.ladywiththeredrocker.com

The Best {Raw} Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe

1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 ounces)  butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Greek yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter
1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (I know we’re not baking them, it’s for flavor)
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips or reg milk choc chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment (or with a large bowl and a wooden spoon) cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes in the machine.  Beat in yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter along with the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add all at once to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until incorporated.  Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
*(Stephanie’s notes: If you use applesauce or yogurt, you may have to add more flour. I made a batch with applesauce and I had to use 2 cups flour.)
(Sandee's note:  I also made this with applesauce and I used 2 cups flour as well, she called for unsalted butter ,I used salted butter and I just used a bowl and wooden spoon to stir)
You can use this recipe for any recipe that calls for raw cookie dough
For a picture go here:
It is very yummy!
For the nourishing of our souls:
I want to share some of the quotes I have gotten off of Pinterest, I love them:
"Wisdom doesn't come from speaking, it comes from listening"
and "jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own" and "The next time satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future" and "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything- Mark Twain" and one last one "Do not quench the spirit" and that is in Thessalonians 5:19
Have a wonderful Fall day, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment