Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pumpkin Roll

Okay, I  had to post this since it was requested for our last family get together, as my daughters went to Kneaders and had their pumpkin bread and said mom could make something better than this,  LETS EAT PUMPKIN ROLL! So I had to make it for them you know!

This is the only pumpkin roll recipe I make, although there are lots of recipes out there and I am sure they are all good, this is from my Sandridge Ward cook book and this was from Jill Johnston:

Pumpkin Roll
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes  with hand mixer (I usually last two or three mins I dont have much patience).  Gradually add in sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice and keep mixing.  Fold in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.  Pour dough into big jelly roll cookie sheet that has been buttered and greased, or sprayed with pam, and I like to sprinkle sugar on it to keep from sticking.  (This time I used my SilPat cookie liner and poured the dough over it and it worked beautiful, I am telling you girls, put it on your Christmas list, it is awesome!)  Anyhow. . .Bake at 375 for 15 minutes (i set my timer for 12 and go from there).  Have a big white cotton tea towel on the table that has been lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar, and I turn the jelly roll pan upside down and let it fall onto the tea towel, then I sprinkle powdered sugar on top of cake and roll it up.  Let it cool.  When cool, unroll, Spread Cream Cheese topping over the cake and reroll, and then refrigerate til ready to use.
Cream Cheese Topping:
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp butter
1 cup powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese
Mix all together
When we made this last week, the filling was a little skimpy, so I think you should double the cream cheese topping, that way you have much more filling, so yummy!
It turned out great, this tastes great chilled too!


For the nourishing of our souls:
My scriptures fell open to Proverbs 12 and in reading that chapter, here are some verses that I liked:
Proverbs 12:4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband; but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
12:8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom; but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
verse 17: He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness; but a false witness deceit.
verse 19: The lip of truth shall be established for ever; but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
Verse 22: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight

So may we be a crown to our husbands and may our mouths tell the truth and be a delight!
Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment