Sunday, September 9, 2012

Honey Lime Enchiladas

I got these from the sisters cafe, and also in our ward cookbook, they are very yummy, haven't met anyone yet who does not like them, try them!

Honey Lime Enchiladas
Sauce:
1 1/2 lb cooked pork, or chicken, shredded
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix together sauce ingredients then add to 1.5 lbs of cooked shredded pork or chicken.  Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes (sometimes I like to make a little more sauce than it calls for)
Enchiladas:
2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
equal parts of Mozzarella cheese, shredded and
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour tortillas, can use whole wheat tortillas

Lightly spray 2 pans with non stick baking spray.  (I usually use one 9 x 13 in and one 9 x 9 in pan but it may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas)  Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom.  Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese.  Roll and place in dish.  Pour remainder of sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top -don't be stingy! ( I sometimes use more like 1 1/2 cans you can freeze left over enchilada sauce in a baggy) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 min.  Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of oven.  Let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy! so yummy!

For nurturing of our souls:
Today at church it seemed the main message being taught was that Heavenly Father loves and knows each one of us individually.  I shared a story that happened to me several years ago.  My husband had lost his job, it was Easter time, I had gone to the store to get a few items for our Easter dinner, on the way out of the store I stopped to look at the beautiful Easter Lily flowers and thought to myself, Oh how I wish I could buy one and put it on our table for a centerpiece, but that is just a luxury item and I have no money for one.  About three or four hours later my RS president stopped by my house, she was holding a big easter lilly, she said she felt silly but she walked by the flower and felt like she should buy it, and as she drove by my house, she thought I might enjoy it.  As she left I cried tears of joy as I knew Heavenly Father knew my thoughts earlier. (Later my RS pres said she felt so silly bringing me the flower, she was not sure if she really was "hearing" the spirit correctly!, it wasn't until I shared my thoughts from earlier that she realized she totally was in tune with the spirit)
Here is the Scripture in Alma 18:32 . . ." Yea, and he looketh down upon all the children of men; and he knows all the thoughts and intents of the heart: for by his hand were they all created from the beginning"

No comments:

Post a Comment