Sunday, September 9, 2012

Better Than Sex Cake

I know I know, I tried to think of a different name as no one likes to say the S word, but this is how our family knows the cake, so I shall leave it called as that!  Everyone has this recipe, and it is requested alot for birthday's, and the only thing I do different than everyone else is this:

I DO NOT BAKE THE CAKE MIX STRAIGHT FROM THE BOX! Remember my very first post, if you dont, go here:  but use that recipe to make the chocolate cake, it will make the cake thicker and so much more moister! (This is the SECRET that makes it "over the top")

1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (or devils food)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping sauce
Cool Whip
3-4 Heath or Skor Candy Bars, chopped up (optional)

Make the cake according to my comments above(where you go to my first post).  While warm, Poke holes all over the top of the cake (the end of a wooden spoon works good) and pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake.  Next spread the caramel topping over the top.  Let it absorb.  Let cake cool, then Frost with Cool Whip and spread chopped up heath bars evenly over the top (optional).  Keep cake in fridge.  It tastes best after it has been chilled!  SO YUMMY and MOIST

And for the nourishing of our souls:
To go with my post I found a scripture on love in D&C 42:22:
"Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else"
And that goes for women as well to love their husbands with all their heart and cleave unto no other.

And to show just how important that scripture that is, the next verse in 23 says: "And he that looketh upon a woman to lust after her shall deny the faith, and shall not have the Spirit; and if he repents not he shall be cast out"

My dear readers, you dont know what you've got til it's gone, and I can truly tell you, since not having a husband, you dont know how lucky you are to have a husband/companion/friend.  Please, for my sake, go give him a big hug, tell him you love him, and be grateful for him, you will be so glad you did, I promise!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment