Sunday, November 4, 2018

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

I made this soup for Halloween and it was so very yummy. (I found it from how does she web site.)   I bought packaged butternut squash from costco so it made it much easier.

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

2 large butternut squash, seeded, cut in half down the middle
Melted butter for brushing
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
4 Tbslp honey
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Brush the squash with melted butter and season with a little salt and pepper.  Lay the squash flesh side up on a sheet pan.  Roast for 30 min  or until the flesh is soft
Scoop the flesh from the skin into a pot and add the stock, honey and ginger.  Bring to a simmer and puree using a stick blender.  Stir in the heavy cream and return to a low simmer.  Season with salt pepper and nutmeg.

(I did not have a stick blender so I took portions of the soup and blended in my blender and then added back to the stock pot)

This was very very yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment