Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

My Lacey loves chocolate mint cookies and needed to take some to an activity so we tried this recipe from Two Peas and Their pod and these were really good so I am putting it in my collection, It says to bake for 10 to 12 minutes, I only did 10 minutes and I use a silpat.  I think if you even went to 9 1/2 min it would be perfect.

Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa (I used Hersheys cocoa)
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups mint chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.  Set aside.
With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.  Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract.  Mix until just combined.
Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined.  Mix in the 2 cups of the mint chocolate chips (don't use the whole bag, leave a few chocolate chips out to decorate cookies with)
Roll cookies into balls, about 2 Tblsp of dough per cookie.  Place cookie balls on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Top the cookies with remaining mint chocolate chips, sticking them on top and the sides to make the cookies pretty!
Bake cookies for 10 to 12 min ( did 10 min, and 9 1/2 would have been perfect)  Don't overbake.  Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes.  Move to cooling rack and cool completely.

These are really yummy! The original recipe said you will need 2 bags of mint chocolate chips, but I only used one and it was plenty.  I left a few out to put on top of the cookie balls before baking and it does make them pretty!
Because the cookies are chocolate with green chocolate chips, they make a festive Christmas cookie as well!

Thought for the day:
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.

I like that saying because there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.  I just finished reading a book about a true story of a man injured in a cliff diving accident when he was 19, and he is married and completed an education, however, he cannot do ANYTHING for himself (feed himself, dress himself) and he has the most awesome spirit about him being positive and all, but I can't stop thinking how grateful I am for a body that is not injured and I thank Heavenly Father every day for my body!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment