Saturday, August 24, 2019

Cinnamon Roll Spice Oatmeal from the Vegan 8

 Okay my friends, I eat oatmeal a lot for breakfast and have never thought to make it like this next recipe.  I recently discovered the web site www.thevegan8.com and love every thing I have made so far. Check out her website
You gotta try this oatmeal:

Cinnamon Roll Spice Oatmeal
Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
* 2 1/4 cups water (I use 3 cups since I dont soak mine)
* 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger (add 1/2 tsp for a more spicy flavor)
* 1/8 tsp allspice
* 3 Tblsp pure maple syrup
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 2-4 Tblsp pecan halves

Optional Icing:  (I have not made this yet)
* 1 Tblsp melted liquid coconut butter
* 1 Tblsp warm "lite" canned coconut milk
* 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 Tblsp pure maple syrup  

Instructions:
(she recommends soaking your oats the night before, I tried this but I did not like it, go to her web site to read more on that)

Add to a medium pot the water, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and maple syrup.  Stir well and turn the heat to high.  Once boiling, turn to simmer and cover.  Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or to desired consistency (mine are done sooner cuz of the oats I use-like in 2 to 3 minutes and no mine are not instant) I stir mine constantly so they dont burn on the bottom.
Stir in the vanilla.
Add pecans and drizzle some optional "icing" on top. Taste and add more sweetener or spice if you desire ( I usually add more maple syrup as I have a sweet tooth)

This stuff is so yummy and a fun new way to eat oatmeal!


No comments:

Post a Comment