Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Delicious Chocolate Protein Smoothie

Lacey and I decided to try and eat less sugar, like no cookies, cakes, candy.  But we can have sugar in fruits and some foods, so...in order to satisfy our sweet tooth we found this drink that totally makes us happy after we eat dinner .  We are so full and satisfied that we don't crave any cookies, cake, or candy! I found this at Mels Kitchen Cafe, love her blog!

Delicious Chocolate Protein Smoothie-Mels Kitchen Cafe

Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk (or kefir)
1/4 to 1/3 cup unsalted cashews (If you only have salted cashews then rinse them under water well)
1/3 to 1/2 cup packed spinach (I use more)
1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder (I have cacao powder and used that)
1 scoop of protein powder (or more)
10 to 15 frozen cherries
1 frozen banana (frozen in pieces)

Add the ingredients in order listed to a high powered blender and process until smooth (I use my blend tek)  

You CAN NOT taste any spinach at all, it is awesome.
and tonight I made this and added some healthy peanut butter to it and it was yummy.  The first time I made it I did not have cherries so I used frozen strawberries and it was so good!
I think I will drink this every day!
 PS go to mels kitchen cafe website and she offers tips on how she makes this smoothie!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment