Thursday, December 27, 2018

Sarah's Sugar Cookies from Christy

My daughter Christy has a friend named Sarah who is an excellent cook and has shared with her some recipes.  Christy said she made these sugar cookies this Christmas and these were very yummy and easy to make!  so I asked for the recipe so I could post it here:

Sarah's Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add flour, baking powder, and salt.  Mix well and chill.  Roll on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.  Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.  makes about 60 medium cookies.
*Note from Christy (From what I learned and what Sarah said:  the secret is making sure the dough is chilled the right amount so the dough is hard enough to roll but not too hard.  Also you don't want to over cook, so it is okay if after 8 minutes the cookies look a *little* doughy, once they set they will be soft and white!

If Christy was happy with this and said it was easy and fun to make, then I am sold! ha ha. I will make these next time I make sugar cookies!

Thought for the day: "We sometimes think we are doing marvelous things and God's helping us, but it's the other way around.  He is doing marvelous things and we are helping Him"  D Todd Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment