Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Creamy Spinach Salad with Bacon

I went to a baby blessing brunch and this salad was served, I loved it, asked my nephew Davey for the recipe (it was his wife's family's recipe) and so he gave it to me over the phone and I don't know exactly how to put this salad together, so I will share it with you and you can try to figure it out as well! I have made it and it was delicious!

Creamy Spinach Salad with Bacon

Spinach washed drained and cut up
1 lb bacon  
12 - 15 mushrooms
1 can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained

Dressing:
Beat 1 egg in blender until very light
add 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp salt
3 shakes of worcestershire sauce
Bring to boil in small saucepan , Remove from heat and add 2 green onions cut up
Chill before serving
Add sliced almonds if want!

(so I figured you cook the bacon and cut into pieces and put into salad)
Also, we aren't fans of raw mushrooms, so I sauteed them and then added them to the salad!

Also, I wasn't sure after you make the dressing when you add it to the salad, so I just added it to the salad and stirred the salad around right before serving!

It is yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment