Monday, June 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Popcorn

We just recently held homemaking where they asked everyone to bring their favorite popcorn recipe, and this one was my favorite to eat, LeeAnn Hein brought it, and it actually is the same stuff I make to put on my Peanut Butter Rice Krispies, but to put this on popcorn is different and wonderful and the best treat ever!  you just gotta try it, seriously, I had no idea it would be this good, I have made it five times since, the secret is to PICK OUT ALL THE UNPOPPED POPCORN SEEDS as I hate hate hate to bite down on a popcorn kernel.  

Peanut Butter Popcorn
1 cup sugar
1 cup karo syrup
Melt over medium high heat on stove top, as soon as it is mixed good and dissolved and just beginning to boil, bring off of heat and add:
1 cup peanut butter
you can add 1 tsp vanilla at this point as well and stir real well, pour over popcorn.
I buy the microwave popcorn, I just pop two of the envelopes of popcorn and this recipe covers that much popcorn pretty well!
I like to use my big tupperware Thatsabowl, it is my most favorite prized possession, if you ever wonder what to give someone for a gift, give that bowl, you can buy them on ebay for cheaper than tupperware store.  But I use that bowl whenever I make anything like rice krispy treats and this stuff and so forth as it doesnt stick to the sides!
So put your good popcorn in the thatsabowl, pour the sugar karo peanut butter mixture over it, stir real well, and give it a minute or two to cool and wa la, pure delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment